The Department of State of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico recently posted an “Intent to Cancel” warning for business entities that have failed to comply with the General Corporation Law’s requirements to file annual reports and/or pay annual fees. These entities have until April 15, 2014 to file their missing reports and/or pay any dues owed. Failure to meet the deadline will result in the entities being administratively cancelled without further notification. For more information or to find out if an entity is currently on the “Intent to Cancel” list, visit the Department’s website. The website is available in both English and Spanish, simply click the language preference in the top right corner of the window to toggle between the two options.
All existing domestic and foreign entities that conduct business in the District of Columbia and that are registered with Corporation Division are required to file a corporate report every two years from the year of the last report filed. The deadline for filing two-year corporate reports is April 1. Fees vary depending on entity type. Failure to meet the deadline could result in late fees and/or penalties, as well as the loss of good standing within the district. For more information on filing corporate reports within the district, call Paracorp at 888.272.3725 or go here.
All active domestic corporation annual reports and franchise taxes are due annually on or before March 1, 2014. The state of Delaware requires all corporate annual reports and franchise tax payments to be done electronically.
To file your report and pay taxes and fees you may:
- File electronically at www.corp.delaware.gov.
- Contact your Delaware registered agent for assistance. For those of you who enlist the help of Paracorp, here are some helpful contact numbers: Paracorp-Delaware at 888.372.7273 or Paracorp-Sacramento at 800.533.7272.
- File on public-access computers, which are available at the Division of Corporations, Townsend Building, Dover or the Department of State, Carvel State Office Building, 4th Floor, Wilmington. If you have a library card, you may also use public access computers at all Delaware public libraries.
- If you require special accommodations, you may contact the Division of Corporations Franchise Department at 302.739.3073, press option #3.
- Live support is also available online and staffed Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at www.corp.delaware.gov under “contact us.”
Failure to file by the March 1, 2014 deadline will result in a penalty of $125 and interest of 1.5% per month being applied.
The Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs has implemented a temporary fee reduction for the following filings: trade name (a.k.a. DBA, assumed name or fictitious business name), trademark and service mark registrations. In the past, the associated filing fees for these registrations was $50; however, they have been reduced to $25 until 12/31/2014, after which the fees will readjust back to the previous statutory fees.
Corporations and limited liability companies registered in Mississippi have until April 15, 2014 to file their annual report with the Mississippi Secretary of State. Failure to file an annual report could lead to the entity being administratively dissolved. If you have any questions regarding your annual reports, please visit the MS SOS Business Services Division website or feel free to call us at 800.533.7272.