Extra! Extra! Read all about it! The latest issue of our newsletter, the Alert, is hot off the press. This issue features industry-related news, a note from Parasec’s president, and interviews with experienced professionals from Stewart Title Guaranty Company and Rynn & Janowsky LLP. Check it out online here.
If you’re interested in being added to our mailing list, email email@example.com with the following information:
- First & Last Name
- Email Address
- Firm Name
- Firm Mailing Address
Please include the phrase “Parasec Newsletter” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Listed below are state government office closures scheduled for July, August and September. This information was provided by each state and is subject to change without our knowledge, so please be sure to check with your state office for updates and additional closures that may not be listed below. It’s also important to note that Parasec’s offices will be closed on Monday, September 1, 2014. Please feel free to call us at 800.533.7272 if you have any questions or need assistance.
July 24 – Pioneer Day: UT
August 11 – Victory Day: RI
August 15 – Statehood Day: HI
August 15 – Bennington Battle Day: VT
September 1 – Labor Day: All States
Earlier this year, Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton signed into law House File 2989 (Chapter 283), which passed unanimously in both chambers. The bill, which goes into effect on August 1, 2014, will amend the requirements for the conversion of a limited partnership to a partnership. Furthermore, the bill will create a separate requirement for the reinstatement of a limited partnership after revocation for failure to maintain a registered agent. Read the bill in its entirety here: here.
Today marks a special day for Oregon paralegals, as the governor has proclaimed June 27, 2014 to be Paralegal Day! We’d like to take a moment to recognize and applaud all of our paralegal friends and clients within the state. Please join us in celebrating these highly trained individuals for their hard work and contribution to the legal community.
Click here to view the official proclamation as a PDF.
If you’re an Oregon paralegal, did you or your employer do anything special for you today? If so, we’d love to hear about it!
Earlier this month, we rolled out an upgraded version of our online UCC eZFILE® platform, which enables you to prepare forms, send drafts for approval, save filings for later and submit documents right from your desktop. The newly implemented changes include features such as bulk filing and bulk amendments, making managing your UCC filings even faster and simpler than before. Additionally, the new “project grouping” feature makes organization a breeze while the eZSEARCH functions provide lightning fast response. Read on for more about these latest features designed to help make your job easier:
- Project Grouping – You can prepare and organize your filings into separate projects, creating one template and filing in all of your selected jurisdictions in one simple step (for single-debtor filings). This includes existing filings (from prior to the platform update), which you can also add to projects.
- UCC & Corporate Name Monitoring – You now have access to our monitoring service. We scan for changes each time new data is received from a jurisdiction, enabling you to better protect your position.
- Global Amendments – You can create UCC-3 amendments in one easy step for multiple UCC-1 filings.
- Customizable Reports – You can create PDF and Word versions of your reports, or export them to Excel where you can sort and group your information to meet your specific needs.
- Auto-Select for UCC Forms – We automatically provide the correct form version for you, whether it’s for a new filing or a continuation.
- Search/Find/Replace Function – UCC eZFILE® allows you to search all your drafted filings for words or phrases that need to be edited, and to make changes immediately.
- Auto-Adjust Collateral – Based on the length of your collateral description, the UCC eZFILE® system automatically adjusts to the correct number of pages you need for submission.
Call us at 800.533.7272 for more information on UCC eZFILE®.
All nonprofit corporations registered in Arkansas must submit an annual report to the Secretary of State’s office by August 1st of each year. The one-page form includes information such as registered agent, principal office address, principal officers, board of directors and federal tax exemption status. If you need assistance filing your annual report, give us a call at 888.272.3725. More information can be found online here.
On Friday, June 13, 2014 an off-site employee recognition event is planned for all the employees of the Department of State Division of Corporations. Staff members will work from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and there will not be an evening shift. This one-day schedule change will mean:
- There will be no Priority 3 (same-day service) or Priority 5 (“must approvals”) available.
- All 30-minute and Priority 1 (one-hour service) must be submitted before 11:00 a.m.
- Priority 2 (two-hour service) must be received by 9:00 a.m.
- All Priority 4 (24-hour service) must be received by 12:00 p.m.
Give us a call at 800.533.7272 if you have any questions.