As the holiday season approaches, remember that you can submit year-end filings (in most states) in advance, ensuring that you get the correct formation or cancellation date in spite of heavy filing volumes. In some states, Delaware in particular, filings not submitted by the December 31 deadline could incur an additional year of taxes. Please contact your Parasec account executive for state-specific details.
Effective January 1, 2017, California Assembly Bill 1722 (AB 1722) makes changes to California’s Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act. Now, instead of requiring a California LLC to have a majority vote in order to dissolve its business, the LLC will only need a vote of 50 percent or more. The bill is designed to help small, two-member LLCs avoid the unnecessary and costly litigation that is currently required in order to dissolve. Read the bill in its entirety here.
The states listed below have annual reports due in the coming months. Don’t miss a deadline or you may be subject to hefty penalties and reinstatement fees. For assistance maintaining your annual report compliance, inquire about our managed annual report services. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
- November 1 – MA: Nonprofits
- November 1 – RI: LLCs
- November 15 – ND: LLCs
- December 31 – MN: Corporations, domestic nonprofits, LLCs and LPs
- December 31 – PA: Nonprofits
Listed below are the state government closures scheduled for October, November and December. This information may change without our knowledge, so please be sure to check with your state office for added closures/updates that may not be included below. Please plan to submit time-sensitive documents for filing in advance to help prevent unwanted postponements. To start the process of filing or retrieving a document, give us a call at 800.533.7272.
- October 10 – Columbus Day: AL, AZ, CT, DC (including the U.S. Department of State and embassies), GA, ID, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, RI, SD, UT, VA, WV – In SD, observed as Native American Day. Please note, all consulates in California will also be closed, but the California Secretary of State will be open.
- October 18 – Alaska Day: AK
- October 28 – Nevada Day: NV
- November 8 – Election Day: DE, HI, IL, IN, MD, MI, MT, NJ, NY, RI
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day: All states
- November 28 – Thanksgiving: All states, all Parasec offices
- November 29 – Day After Thanksgiving: AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NE, NH, NC, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, All Parasec offices
- December 23 – Christmas Eve: AR, IL, KY, LA, MI, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV
- December 26 – Christmas Day: All states, all Parasec offices
- December 27 – Day After Christmas: AL, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, ME, OK, NC, NM, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WY
- December 30 – New Year’s Eve: KY, LA, MI, MS, TN, TX (Comptroller only), WI, WV, WY
We’re proud to announce that we have entered into an exclusive marketing agreement with BridgePoint Capital, a premier provider of diverse working capital solutions for small businesses and companies in need of financing.
“BridgePoint Capital has developed market changing technology that we are excited to offer our clients. They have managed to remove the antiquated requirements put on businesses and bring financing into this century, all while valuing customer service and transparent pricing—principal values at Parasec,” said Matthew Marzucco, president of Parasec.
The agreement with BridgePoint Capital will allow us to offer our clients business financing solutions and working capital through BridgePoint for up to $2,000,000. A summary of the products that will be offered include business lines of credit, business term loans, and working capital among others. Learn more about these new offerings by going here.
On Friday, September 8, 2016 an employee recognition luncheon is planned for all the employees of the Department of State Division of Corporations. Staff members who normally work from 4:00 p.m. to midnight will instead work from noon until 8pm. This schedule change will mean that all 30-minute and Priority 1 (one-hour service) must be received by 6:00 p.m., and Priority 2 (two-hour service) must be received by 5:00 p.m. No other cut-off times will be impacted by the event. If you have any questions concerning this information, please give us a call at 888.372.7273.
California law requires that any company doing business for profit within the state under a fictitious name register that name with the county clerk of the county of the registrant’s principal place of business. If you’ve already filed your fictitious business name (FBN), great! If not, we can help. Either way, it’s very important that you not let your FBN filing expire. FBN filings lapse and failure to renew prior to the expiration date could result in the loss of your business name−costing you time, money, and your company’s reputation and brand identity.
Parasec’s latest compliance tool, Fictitious Name File Watch™, helps protect your business name! Enroll today and protect your business. Email FBN@parasec.com to ensure your business name is safe. Click here to learn more and to download a PDF version of our infographic!